Cashew Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet Recipe
1 egg (or sub flax egg)
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 cup almond flour OR sub 1 cup oat flour OR 1/2 cup Crazy Richard’s PurePB peanut flour OR 1/3 cup coconut flour–coconut flour absorbs more liquid than other flours
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 Eating Evolved Midnight Coconut Chocolate Bar (no added sugar), chopped into small pieces
1/4 tsp sea salt
8-inch cast iron skillet, a baking dish, cake tin, or loaf tin
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk egg* in large bowl then pour in maple syrup, melted coconut oil, cashew butter, vanilla and almond milk to whisk again.
- *If using flax egg, mix 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds with 3 tbsp water and let sit for 5 minutes before adding to recipe in place of egg.
- Stir in almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and some of the sea salt. Fold in chocolate chunks, leaving several chocolate chunks aside.
- Very lightly spray an 8-inch cast iron skillet with coconut oil then pour batter into the base and spread out evenly using a silicone spatula. Place the last several pieces of chocolate over the top, sprinkle sea salt, then place in the oven for 19 minutes on the center rack. Turn the oven on broil and cook 1-2 additional minutes **keep a close eye on it because it can burn quickly!
**This recipe was originally posted on delightglutenfree.com.